Spotlight on: The Retail Delivery Fee!
The $0.27 retail delivery fee began July 1, 2022, and applies to all retail sales delivered by a motor vehicle to a location in Colorado, including deliveries made by third parties. As a courtesy, retailers with an active sales tax account, a retailer license, and any sales tax liability reported after January 1, 2021, were automatically registered for a retail delivery fee account by July 1, 2022. This applies to both in-state and out-of-state retailers.
HOW TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT AFTER JULY 1, 2022:
- Existing Accounts:
- New Accounts:
- Submitting Form CR 100AP- Colorado Sales Tax & Withholding Account Application
- Retailers who are required to collect the retail delivery fee will file a Retail Delivery Fee Return (DR 1786) and pay the fee to the Colorado Department of Revenue
- Only one return will be required for all locations (sites) on your account
- A return is required for every reporting period, even if no fee is due for that period
FILE & PAYMENT METHODS:
- Form DR 1786 - Retail Delivery Fee Return
- Revenue Online
WHEN IS THE RETAIL DELIVERY FEE DUE?
- Returns are due by the 20th day of the month following the reporting period, which is based on your sales tax filing frequency. For example, if you're a monthly filer, then your retail delivery fee return for August will be due September 20th, the same time as your sales tax return.
Click on the link below for filing tips and more information:
Your Colorado L.I.F.E. Website
This is all about YOU and what you need to know to get going in the right direction and make your life what YOU want it to be. From College & Career choices to how to start your own business. This website is packed full of useful information so you will know your options and make the right choices to be a successful Colorado Resident.