General Tax Information & Account Questions
Note: Please allow 2-4 weeks for an email response for general tax inquiries.
- Include your name, contact telephone number, address, and Colorado Account Number (CAN), if known.
- Do not include private personally identifiable information (e.g. your Social Security Number).
- Explain your inquiry completely and provide all applicable details.
- Do not send multiple emails. Emails are answered in the order in which they are received.
Tax Unit Contact Emails
- Bankruptcy: DOR_TAC_Bankruptcy@state.co.us
- Business Tax Account Applications & Closures: DOR_TaxApplications@state.co.us
- Collections: DOR_Collections@state.co.us
- Compliance: DOR_Compliance@state.co.us
- Criminal Tax Investigations: DOR_TaxInvestigations@state.co.us
- Discovery: DOR_Discovery@state.co.us
- Excise Tax Unit: DOR_ExciseTax@state.co.us
- Marijuana, Cigarettes, Nicotine Products, Tobacco Products, and Liquor
- Fuel Tax Unit: DOR_FuelTax@state.co.us
- Fuel Tax, International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), Passenger Mile Tax, Exempt Use of Fuel Refund, and Aviation Fuel Sales Tax
- Sales & Use Tax System (SUTS) Support: Please dial the SUTS call line at 720-795-7759
- Special Event Sales Tax: DOR_SpecialEvents@state.co.us
Sign Up for Tax News and Updates by Email
Subscribe to our free email subscription service to receive notifications when new tax information is available. With a subscription, you automatically receive updates without having to return to the website and check for changes.
Email updates are a free service provided by CDOR. Your email address will only be used to deliver the information you've requested.
Email Message Security
When you send an email to the Department, it is not encrypted by default. It is not recommended that you send personally identifiable information (PII) via an unencrypted email.
If you would like to send an encrypted email, type "Encrypt" anywhere on the subject line to encrypt your email message. This will encrypt the message in our email server. However, it will not necessarily encrypt the message in your email account. Contact your email provider for more information regarding email security options for your email account.
Another option is to send the Department a secure message through your Revenue Online account. Visit the How to Send a Secure Message web page to learn more.