General Tax Information & Account Questions
Note: please allow 2-5 business days for an email response for general tax inquiries. For a faster response, please call the Taxpayer Helpline at (303) 238-7378.
Sign Up for Tax News and Updates by Email
Subscribe to our free email subscription service to receive notifications when new tax information is available. With a subscription, you automatically receive updates without having to return to the website and check for changes. Email updates are a free service provided by CDOR. Your email address will only be used to deliver the information you've requested.
Tax Unit Contact Emails
- Bankruptcy: DOR_TAC_Bankruptcy@state.co.us
- Collections: DOR_Collections@state.co.us
- Compliance: DOR_Compliance@state.co.us
- Criminal Tax Investigations: DOR_TaxInvestigations@state.co.us
- Discovery: DOR_Discovery@state.co.us
- Excise Accounting Unit: DOR_ExciseTax@state.co.us
- Marijuana, Cigarettes, Tobacco Products, and Liquor
- Fuel Tax Unit: DOR_FuelTax@state.co.us
- Fuel Tax, International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA),Passenger Mile Tax, Exempt Use of Fuel Refund, and Aviation Fuel Sales Tax
- Office of Public Information & Education: DOR_TaxInfoEmail@state.co.us
Email Message Security
When you send an email to the Department, it is not encrypted by default. It is not recommended that you send personally identifiable information (PII) via an unencrypted email.
If you would like to send an encrypted email, type "Encrypt" anywhere on the subject line to encrypt your email message. This will encrypt the message in our email server. However, it will not necessarily encrypt the message in your email account. Contact your email provider for more information regarding email security options for your email account.