Health & Safety at the Taxpayer Service Centers
We are proud to serve the great people of Colorado as efficiently and safely as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adapt to keep you and our staff safe. We encourage Coloradans to utilize our online services first. Please only schedule appointments when absolutely necessary. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, masks are highly encouraged for service center visitors who have not been fully vaccinated.
To assist with social distancing best practices, a drop box has been placed outside each of the Taxpayer Service Centers (Denver Metro, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Pueblo and Grand Junction). You can submit your returns, e-filer attachments, and payments (check or money order only) in that drop box. If you have any questions about the drop box, please call Taxpayer Services at (303) 238-7378 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Plan Your Visit
Taxpayer Service Centers are open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST), Monday through Friday (except on state holidays).
To better ensure social distancing, appointments are available when you visit a service center. If you need an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodation for your visit, click here for more information.
In accordance with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment's (CDPHE) guidance:
- Masks are highly encouraged for service center visitors who have not been fully vaccinated.
- Appointments are available to receive assistance with a tax matter in person.
- Six foot distancing will be maintained while inside the building via floor markings.
- All work stations will have glass or plastic partitions between the visitor and staff member.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to visitors and staff.
- The amount of visitors allowed in the building will be limited.
Additional things for visitors to remember for their appointments:
- It is highly encouraged that only the person with the appointment come into the building due a restriction on the amount of waiting area available. Please make other arrangements for children and/or dependent people in your care. All other people you bring with you to your appointment may remain outside of the building. If you need an ADA Accommodation for your visit, click here for more information.
- Please fill out all paperwork and applications prior to entering the building.
- Service centers accept payments by check, money order, and credit or debit card. Service centers cannot accept cash payments.
- Please note that there is a $0.75 + 2.25% processing fee added to all credit/debit card payments.
- If you have any symptoms or feel unwell, please do not come inside the service center.
Please note that in person appointments are not available for the Excise & Fuel Tax Section at this time. Please visit the COVID-19 Updates web page for more information.