The Colorado Department of Revenue, Division of Taxation, will hold a public rulemaking hearing on the following enterprise zone tax rules listed below on April 22, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. This hearing will be conducted entirely by telephone and video conference, and will be recorded. The Department has created a Virtual Rulemaking Hearing Guide that provides additional guidance for participants.
Parties wishing to attend or participate by video conference may obtain a link for connecting by sending an email to email@example.com. Because of additional participation features provided by the video conference, we encourage participants to participate through the video conference. Participants are welcome to use a webcam to appear by video, but may also leave their video camera off.
Parties wishing to attend or participate by teleconference should connect as follows:
Phone Number: 1 (669) 900-6833
Meeting ID: 816 6409 1352
- Rule 39-30-103.5. Credit for Enterprise Zone Contributions. - The purpose of the amendment to this rule is to correct a minor error in the rule regarding the calculation of the credit limitation for in-kind contributions, pursuant to section 39-30-103.5(1)(b), C.R.S., and to conform the rule to the Department's current practice.
- Rule 39-30-104. Enterprise Zone Investment Tax Credit. - The purpose of the amendment to this rule is to update the application of the enterprise zone investment tax credit.
- Rule 39-30-105. Enterprise Zone New Business Facility Employee Credits. - The purpose of this amendment to the rule is to repeal the rule because section 39-30-105, C.R.S. was repealed effective December 31, 2019.
- Rule 39-30-105.1. Enterprise Zone Business Facility Employee Credits. - The purpose of this new rule is to clarify the calculation of enterprise zone business facility employee credits.
- Rule 39-30-105.6. Credit for Rehabilitation of Vacant Buildings. - The purpose of this new rule is to clarify (1) the meaning of the term “building” for the purpose of the credit; (2) the requirements for the credit related to vacancy, commercial use, and pre-certification; and (3) the application of the limitation on the amount of the credit allowed.
- Rule 39-35-104. Aircraft Manufacturer New Employee Income Tax Credit. - The purpose of the amendment to this rule is to update the rule regarding the calculation of the aircraft manufacturer new employee income tax credit.
The Department will accept oral and written comments on these proposed rules. Oral comments will be accepted by video and telephone conference at the hearing. Written comments may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance or in lieu of oral commentary at the hearing and will be accepted until 5:00 P.M. on April 22, 2021.
The proposed rules will be published in the Colorado Register on March 25, 2021.
We would appreciate your feedback to help us measure and improve the success of the rulemaking program. If you participate in the rulemaking process, we invite you to complete a short survey. Follow the link, and choose the "I participated in the Rulemaking Process (Announcement, Stakeholder Meeting, or Hearing)" option.