Once your event is completed, you may file your Special Event Sales Tax Return. To file your special event return, follow these steps:
- Go to Revenue Online. You do not need to log in.
- Click “File a Special Event Sales Tax Return” in the “Sales and Use Tax” box.
- For the “Special Event Date” select the timeframe for your event from the drop-down.
- Important information will display on the screen. Be sure to review it before clicking “Continue."
- You will see a list of events that have already been added to Revenue Online. They are sorted by location. Online forms are not available for every special event.
- Review the list and click on the Event Name for your special event (if applicable) and click “Next” to continue.
- You may also click on the words "Event Name" or "Start Date" to sort the list.
- Be sure to select the correct form for your event.
- The forms are custom-made for each special event and include the applicable state-administered tax rates.
- If your event is not listed, select “Click here if the event you attended is not available” and click “Next” to continue.
- Fill in all of the required information and follow all system prompts to file your return.