You can donate to a qualified organization with your Colorado income tax return by entering their ID on the Voluntary Contributions Schedule (DR 0104CH) of your Colorado Individual Income Tax Return. There are two ways to look up the information you will need to enter on your DR 0104CH form:
How to Use the Charity Look Up Tool
- Go to Tax.Colorado.gov/CO-nonprofit-number
- Enter the full or part of the charity's name in the Search Box. It is not case sensitive.
- Enter the Tax Year you are filing for.
- If you cannot find the charity you are looking for, the Advanced Search may help. Click Advanced Search under the "Search" button. Enter specified information to narrow down the search results.
- Once you find the charity you wish to donate to, enter their 11-digit Registration Number on the Voluntary Contributions Schedule (DR 0104CH). If using a printed form, enter the 11-digit Registration Number and the charity's name as it appears in the Charity Lookup Tool on the form.
Tips for Searching the Registration ID
- Do not leave a space at the beginning of any entry in the fields. Your search may not produce any results.
- Search results are listed up to 10 registration IDs for on each page.
- Using the page numbers at the bottom of the page, navigate to a different page.
- Download Records button located at the top of the screen on the right side is able to export your search criteria results.
- In Advanced Search, Name, Activity, City, County, State and Zip code can be searched alone or together in any combination.