Please remember that you must claim the state sales tax refund (TABOR refund) when filing your state income tax return. If you claimed a 2023 refund, the TABOR refund will be combined and issued out with your refund. Unlike the 2022 Colorado cashback, no separate check will be issued. 


Alternate ID PTC Rebate Application

Colorado residents who do not currently have a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) may still be eligible for the Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate (PTC Rebate). If you do not have an SSN or an ITIN, you can apply for an alternate identification (ID) number from the Department of Revenue for the purpose of applying for the PTC Rebate program. The alternate ID cannot be used to file any other form of application or tax return.

To apply for an alternate ID, complete the Application for Alternate Identification Number (DR 0019). Please allow additional processing time for PTC Rebate Applications using alternate IDs. Once your alternate ID application is processed, you will receive a letter via USPS Standard Mail with your alternate ID number, and then you will be able to apply for the PTC Rebate. 

Do not complete the DR 0019 if you have an SSN or ITIN. If you have an SSN or ITIN, you must use that number to apply for the PTC Rebate.

Documentation Needed 

Applying for the Alternate ID requires two forms of documentation. Documentation may include any two of the documents listed below, but at least one document must show your name and date of birth, and at least one document must show your name and current address in Colorado.

Copies are acceptable. Do not send original documents. Documents sent by mail will not be returned to you.

Examples of Documentation

Identification ExamplesBill ExamplesAdditional Documentation Examples
PassportBank StatementInsurance Policy
Birth CertificateCable Bill (with service address)Lease Agreement
Military IDCredit Card StatementMortgage Statement
Military Dependent IDPhone BillPay Stub
Vehicle Registration/TitleUtility Bill (with service address)Rent Receipt (not handwritten)

How to Submit Your Alternate ID Application

Once you complete the Application for Alternate Identification Number (DR 0019), you can bring the application and supporting documentation to a Colorado Department of Revenue Taxpayer Service Center or mail it to:

Colorado Department of Revenue
Taxpayer Service Center
PO Box 17087
Denver, CO 80217-0087

Please allow at least 4-6 weeks before calling or emailing to check the status of your application.

For assistance, please contact Taxpayer Services by phone at (303) 238-7378, by email at, or in-person at a Taxpayer Service Center.