Please note that if you wish to make a payment today, use a credit card, debit card, or e-check.
You can sign up for EFT through your Revenue Online account by following the Step-by-Step Instructions for Account Set-Up or by using the Authorization For Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) For Tax Payments (DR 5785). A completed DR 5785 can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the Department. The contact information for each method is below.
- Email: DOR_AFS_PierceCashiers@state.co.us
- FAX: (303) 205-5779
- Mail: Colorado Department of Revenue, P.O. Box 173350, Denver, CO 80217-3350
Automated Clearing House (ACH) Debit
When you authorize or give permission to the Department of Revenue to debit your bank account automatically, this is ACH Debit. To use ACH Debit you will need to register the tax types you wish to pay by EFT with the Department of Revenue. After an EFT account request is submitted in Revenue Online, you will be able to see the EFT number in your Revenue Online account. Or you may complete the form DR 5785 authorization. The PIN Code is also emailed to you. If you have multiple tax types, one EFT number and PIN Code may be used for all tax types. When an EFT account request is set up in Revenue Online and the request is made before 4 p.m. Mountain Time, you may begin making EFT payments TWO BUSINESS DAYS LATER through our EFT Debit service.
Note: If you have ACH Debit Block with your bank, you will need to contact your bank to request the number T846000537 be added to the debit block filter. Otherwise, your payment will be rejected.
Automated Clearing House (ACH) Credit
When you contact your bank and ask them to "push" the payment to the Department of Revenue, this is ACH Credit. ACH Credit is similar to "Bill Pay" services offered by banks to their customers.
- To use ACH Credit you will need to register the tax types you wish to pay by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) with the Department of Revenue. You can sign up for EFT through your Revenue Online account or by using the DR 5785.
- You will receive a unique identifier number and instructions on where to send the payment and the necessary formatting of the ACH credit transaction.
- EFT credit payments can be made upon receipt of the EFT number.