1. Will this delay my refund?
No. We are still operating and processing tax returns and refunds as they are received.
1. What are some of the different ways that I can file my return?
- Using Revenue Online
- Using Third Party Software
- Paper Form DR 0104
2. Can I file my 2019 income tax return before the October 15th deadline for filing under extension?
Yes, you can file your 2019 return before October 15, 2020.
1. Can I pay my 2019 income tax balance before the new July 15th payment due date?
Yes, you can pay your 2019 income tax before July 15th.
2. Can I make partial payments prior to the July 15, 2020 due date for income tax payments?
Yes. We encourage you to voluntarily pay your 2019 income tax as you are able. Penalty and interest will be assessed on all 2019 income tax balances that are not paid by July 15, 2020. Making voluntary payments will reduce any penalty or interest assessments.
3. Has any payment extension been granted for pre-existing balances due?
The new July 15th payment due date applies only if the balance is from a 2019 Income Tax return that was already filed. This does not extend to balances due for other tax years.
4.Is the Extension payment (DR 0158-I) due date extended as well?
Yes. Extension payments (DR 0158-I) are also due July 15, 2020, for the 2019 tax year.
5. How are 2020 tax year estimated payments affected?
Any 2020 estimated payments that would otherwise be due between April 15, 2020 and June 15, 2020 are now due July 15, 2020. This includes first and second quarter estimated payments for calendar year filers.
6. Does the payment extension apply to prior-year tax returns being filed?
The payment extension only applies to tax payments otherwise due April 15, 2020.
1. When can I set up a payment plan for my 2019 balance due?
Payment plans can be set up after July 15, 2020, the day after the delayed due date. You are encouraged to make voluntary payments (without a formal payment plan) prior to July 15, 2020 as you are able. Please contact the Collections Section via web message through Revenue Online or by phone to set up a payment plan or roll any new balances into an existing payment plan.
2. For balances due as a result of prior year tax returns being filed, do I need to wait until after July 15, 2020, to set up a payment plan?
No. Payment plans for tax years prior to 2019 can be set up as soon as there is a balance due processed on the account as the original filing due date has already passed. Please contact the Collections Section via web message through Revenue Online or by phone to set up a payment plan.
3. Does the payment extension apply to current payment plans?
We are revising payment amounts and due dates of existing payment plans on a case-by-case basis. If you are having difficulty paying your outstanding debt, please contact the Collections Section via web message through Revenue Online or by phone.