The Taxpayer Service Centers have reopened, but appointment only. For more information and to schedule an appointment, go to the Visit a Taxpayer Service Center web page.
To assist with social distancing best practices, a drop box has been placed outside of the State Capitol Annex, and the Denver Metro, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Pueblo, and Grand Junction Taxpayer Service Centers. You can submit your returns, e-filer attachments, and payments (check or money order only) in that drop box. If you have any questions about the drop box, please call Taxpayer Services at (303) 238-7378 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Services Available Online
Many of the services done over the phone can be done via Revenue Online. Below is a list of available online services:
- Helping with individual tax issues and all things related to income tax
- Helping businesses with sales tax returns and all business tax issues
- Revenue Online (ROL) Account setup, maintenance and recovery
- Revenue Online Services will still be available:
- Make a Payment
- File an income tax or sales tax return
- Check the status of a refund
- Request a copy of your return
- Respond to an inquiry letter
- File a protest
- File a PTC application
- Submit Year End Withholding
- Submit POA
- Request a letter ID
- Verify a license or certificate
- View delinquent taxpayer list
- Submit an e-filer attachment
Colorado cigarette tax stamps are available to be ordered on a daily basis, Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays:
- 20 cigarettes per stamp rolls, wide 20 count rolls, 20 count sheets and 25 cigarette per stamp rolls.
- Licensed distributors may order cigarette tax stamps by email ONLY at email@example.com.
International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)
Carriers who need to obtain an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) decal, contact the Fuel unit by submitting a web message through Revenue Online, or email DOR_FuelTax@state.co.us, include a copy of the vehicle registration and your phone number, in case the Department needs to contact you for additional information.In-person appointments are not available at this time.
Tax Return Processing
- Income Tax Returns will be received and processed electronically and via mail. Also, a secure drop-off box is located outside of each Taxpayer Service Center.
- Severance Tax will function normally.
Tax Auditing and Compliance
Tax Auditing and Compliance locations will be closed to the public while auditors continue to work normal caseloads.
Tax Fraud & Discovery
Tax Fraud will still take phone calls and emails from the public.
Tax Training Classes
Out of an abundance of caution, all in-person tax training classes have been suspended until further notice. Visit the Tax Training section of our website for virtual tax training and financial educational resources.
Letter Rulings from the Office of Tax Policy & Analysis
The Department encourages anyone submitting a request for a Private Letter Rulings (PLR) or General Information Letters (GIL) to submit the request electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of submitting a written request by mail. Taxpayers who have sent requests in the past week are encouraged to send a copy by email for faster processing.
Alternative Process of Service
You may serve your legal documents on the Department during the closure. Visit the Alternative Process Service web page for more information or to request a waiver for personal service of process of legal documents.